Who we are
We are the Shopify powerhouse – we build top-notch apps and online stores. Shopify is the World's most popular e-commerce platform and our apps are used by more than 5.000 merchants. Last year our merchant base tripled and this year we are looking to at least double it.
Our biggest asset is not only the development of high-quality products but also providing best-in-class customer support. Being a customer-centric company is one of our core values and key market differentiators.
We are a team of around 15 people and our vision is to become a major player in the e-commerce space.
Who we need
- Development of a new complex application for large merchants which will functionally cover several of our existing applications.
- Decomposition of our monolithic applications into reusable packages
- Application size optimization (= possible rewrite to Preact)
- Development of new features based on customer feedback
What we expect from you
- You're excited to solve advanced challenges in React
- You're able to take responsibility for complex tasks - provide technical analysis based on business requirements, gather necessary feedback from your colleagues, implement it and successfully deploy your solution. Ideally, you love to work this way.
- You have good communication skills, are proactive, capable of open discussion, able to present and defend your solution as well as accept constructive feedback.
- You have experience working remotely. Not just because of Covid. We have an office in Prague-Karlin that is fully available for you but our team is remote-first.
- If you're not scared of backend technologies, specifically Python, it's a plus.
Why join us
- We think and act like a startup encouraging an entrepreneurial mindset but at the same time, we know how to run a professional company. Unlike some startups we don't need any external financing.
- We are a product and customer-centric company. Your work will be truly essential for our success. We will also take good care of you, your career, and pay attention to your feedback.
- We are a small company. That means you are in a position to truly make an impact.
- Our codebase is still pretty small. Therefore we are in a position to fine tune things as well as deliver new features or merge game-changing refactors within few days.
- We already established a mature development process - environment setup, continuous integration, code reviews, testing, deployment - we've solved all these things for you. You can jump right in and start being productive ;-)
- Apart from being remote-first our goal is to become async-first as well. That means we encourage flexible working hours and strive to minimize synchronous meetings.
- If you're interested in e-commerce you will have the opportunity to cooperate with experts from companies like Google, Avast, Isobar or Expando.
- Further benefits that might please you - 25 days of vacation, corporate HW, contributions for sport and educational activities, sick-days, ... and yes, there's a neat coffee machine in our office :-)
Our technologies and tools
- Due to the nature of our application ecosystem, there are small differences, but generally, you can expect to work with these: ReactJS (16.12), Typescript (3.9), Tailwind CSS (1.8), Styled Components (5.2), React Hook Form(6.3)
- We build our apps on the Shopify platform so we work with Shopify APIs and SDKs on a daily basis.
- Source codes are hosted on GitHub, Slack is used for daily communication, Notion is used as a knowledge base and JIRA is our product management tool.
Are you interested?
Let us know using the contact form below and we will schedule a video call to discuss our mutual expectations.
We will talk about how we work in our team and what's your way of working. We will definitely be interested in your experience – what projects or products you worked on and what responsibilities you had in those. It will be great if you show us some code that you've written. Last but not least we will discuss your salary expectations and form of cooperation.
Michal Májský, DEV Team Lead